Dr Marcial Fallas Camacho – Cardiology
Dr Marcial Fallas, Peripheral Vascular Surgery
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Training in the use of Endovenous Laser, Las Lomas Hospital, Mexico, August 2007
- Specialty in Peripheral Vascular Surgery, University of Costa Rica, May 2007
- Mini-Fellowship in Endovascular Surgery, at Klinicum Sud, Nuremberg, Germany, April, 2007
- Doctorate in Medical Sciences, Autonomous University of the Central American Medical Sciences, July, 1998.
- International Symposium of Phlebology, Bologna, Italy, March 26-27, 2010.
- AngioJet Thrombectomy, San José Costa Rica, March 9-10, 2010.
- Medical Advance Training for Physicians, Mechanical Thrombectomy Workshop, Herz Zemtrum, Bad Krozingen, Germany, February 3, 2010.
- Leipzig Interventional Course, Leipzig, Germany, January 21-22, 2010.
- Endovascular Summit, Buenos Aires, Argentina, December 4-5, 2009
- XVth World Meeting of the International Union of Phlebology, Monaco, August 31-September 4. 2009
- Total Endovascular Series, Venous 1 Symposium, Houston Texas, USA, March 12-14, 2009.
- XXII International Congress on Endovascular Interventions, Phoenix Arizona, USA, February 11-14, 2009.
- It’s All About Veins, Advance in Venous Therapy, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, February 9, 2009.
- Endovascular Summit, Buenos Aires, Argentina, October 25-26, 2008.
- XXI International Congress on Endovascular Interventions, Phoenix Arizona, USA, February 11-14, 2008.
- Advanced Cardiac Support, American Heart Association, Clinica Biblica Hospital. San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Advanced Vital CPR with Trauma ATLS, College of Physicians, National University, June 22-24, 200
- Leipzig Interventional Course, Leipzig, Germany, January 24-27, 2007.
- Annual Meeting of the American Society of Vascular Surgery, Hotel Regency, Chicago, June, 2005.
- Actualization of the Detection of Skin Cancer, College of Physicians and Surgeons, February 28-March 1, 2003.
- CPR Basic Course at C.E.N.D.E.I S.S.S., November 20-22, 2002.
- National Medical Congress. UCIMED. College of Physicians and Surgeons, November 25-29, 2002.
- Postgraduate course in Clinical Drugs, College of Physicians and Surgeon’s, September 21-28 and October 5, 2002.
- Course on Post-Menopausal health, Corobici Hotel, September 3, 2002.
- Actualization course in Gastroenterology, College of Physicians and Surgeon’s, June 6, 13, 20, 27, 2002.
- First Actualization in the latest Pathological Management of General Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, June 1, 2002.
- Diagnostic, Treatment and Prevention of Acute Intoxications Caused by Plagues. National Insurance Institute, January to September, 2002.
- Advanced Cardiac Support, CENDEISSS, “American Heart Association”, August 7-11, 2000.
- Unstable Angina and Myocardium Heart Attack.
- Electrocardiography, College of Physicians of Costa Rica, December, 1999.
- Advances in Diabetes Mellitus type I and II, College of Physicians in Costa Rica, September 29-Oct. 1, 1999.
- Basic Course in CPR at CENDEISSS, Sept. 22-24, 1999.
- Actualization in Arterial Hypertension, Radisson Hotel, March 9, 1999.
- Actualization in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- University Surgery Professor, UCIMED, since January, 2004.
- University Morphology Professor, University of Medical Sciences, January 2000 to June 2004.
- Vascular Surgery Meeting, San Jose Costa Rica, Hospital Clínica Bíblica, coordinator. 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Carotid Endarterectomy vs. Carotid Stents, Hospital Mexico, November, 2006.
- ACC/AHA Guides for the Management of Peripheral Arterial Disease, Renal Disease, Hospital Mexico, November, 2006.
- Endovascular Treatment for Carotid Re-stenosis Posterior to the Placement of Stent, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Pseudoaneurysm Iatrogenics, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Aneurysm in the Superior Extremities, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Use of Folic Acid and Vitamen B for Diminishing Seric Levels of Homocysteine in the Vascular Disease, San Juan de Dios Hospital, April, 2006.
- Comparison of the Endoprthesis for the Reparation of the Aneurysm of the Abdominal Aorta, EUROSTAR, San Juan de Dios Hospital, September, 2005.
- Scientific Advances and Therapuetics in the Antiplatelet, San Juan de Dios Hospital, May, 2005.
- Endovascular Treatment of the Aorta Aneurysm, San Juan de Dios Hospital, April, 2005.
- Dissection of the Aorta, San Juan de Dios Hospital, March, 2005.
- Long Term Results of Venous Saphenous Reflux Treatment for Endovenous Laser, Hospital Mexico, February, 2005.
- Assisted Angioplasty Laser in the Severa Infrapoplytea and Critical Ischemia of the Extremities, San Juan de Dios Hospital, November, 2004.
- Diabetic Foot, San Juan de Dios Hospital, February, 2004.
- Therapeutic Embolism, General Session of the Surgery Service, Hospital Mexico, November, 2006.
- General Session of Surgery Service, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Clinical Experience with Peripheral Stents, Palma Real Hotel, March, 2006.
MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Member of the International Society of Endovascular Specialists, since March, 2005.
- Member of the International Society of Vascular Surgery.
- Member of the American College of Phlebology, since October, 2009.