Dr. Jorge Trevino is a specialist in General Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery, and he is fully trained in bariatrics surgery in the United States.
He is a Graduate of the School of Medicine; Universidad La Salle in Mexico City, his residency (specialty) was done on General Surgery at the Hospital General “Dr. Manuel Gea Gonzalez” Secretary of Health in Mexico City.
Subsequently he had a formal US fellowship training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at the Texas Endosurgery Institute in San Antonio, Texas, under the tutoring of Dr. Morris E. Franklin, a pioneer in laparoscopic approach to the abdominal cavity with special emphasis on diseases of the colon, as well as extensive training in all types of laparoscopic surgery, including obesity surgery.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
- Combined training in endoscopic surgery, NOTES and robotic surgery in the IRCAD in Strasbourg, France;
- Obesity Surgery Subspecialty: Texas Endosurgery Institute, San Antonio, Texas and partnership with Grand Health Partners, Grand Rapids, Michigan;
- Mini fellowship on gastric band in Tijuana, Baja California, under the tutoring of Dr. Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala;
- Allergan certification on placement of BIB intra-gastric balloon, and gastric band (lap band);
- Member of Mexican societies such as: AMCG, AMCE, etc;
- Member of the most prestigious associations in the US, including The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASBMS) and the International Federation for Obesity Surgery (IFSO);
- Frequently interviewed by magazines and general media (TV, Radio, etc.);
- President of the College of Surgery of the State of Quintana Roo;
- Has attended more than 200 conferences worldwide, as a visiting professor, speaker and as a Congressman, sometimes doing live surgery for demonstrations;
He has authored numerous scientific articles and book chapters, and is often invited as speaker in conferences or performing surgical live surgery as part of training in advanced laparoscopic surgery worldwide Dr. Trevino has written numerous articles in national and international medical journals and is author of numerous chapters in medical books, including the chapter on laparoscopic colon surgery in the textbook of preference for surgeons: Mastery of Surgery in its most recent releases.
Recently with a group of foreign doctors, he has developed a new attachment for the treatment of obesity (Fullsense), though it has had a very good acceptance in patients, it is still under clinical trial. He is also a consultant to various laboratories specialized on the development of new material, especially for laparoscopic surgery and obesity surgery.