Medical tourism, the act of going abroad for medical treatment and saving large sums of money is a growing phenomenon in Canada and The United States. For many, it is a new concept, but there are world-class hospitals and clinics located in the world’s major metropolitan centers. Fortunately, due to the different buying power of currencies, the Canadian dollar goes a long way in other countries. Medical tourism is a major emerging industry rising at a rate of 30% per year, and Costa Rica has some of the best plastic surgeons anywhere.
Why Are People Traveling For Plastic Surgery?
- Cost Savings – they can save over 50%, even after airfare and accommodations;
- High Quality Care – Costa Rica is called the Beverly Hills of Latin America with dozens of board certified, internationally trained surgeons;
- Anonymity – Many travel for cosmetic surgery so they can have their treatment done in private;
Costa Rica Healthcare
Costa Rica is a country with a renowned private medical system, one that ranks higher than the U.S. healthcare system by The World Health Organization (WHO) and on par with Canada. It is also very safe country with no standing army and with beautiful, relaxing surroundings. Of all the procedures people are traveling to Costa Rica for, the majority are traveling for cosmetic surgery and cosmetic dentistry. It is said that over 14% of all tourists to Costa Rica have some sort of cosmetic surgery or dental. It is often called “The Beverly Hills of Latin America” due to the high quality cosmetic surgeons. Passport Medical has sent over 1500 patients to Costa Rica for various medical procedures since 2009, is considered an industry leader, and was the winner of the award as top global medical tourism company in 2011.
Costs And Packages
The following package estimates include:
- Airport transfers, pre-op transfers, surgery transfers, and 2 post-op transfers in a private vehicle;
- Pre-op and post-op consultations;
- Medical fees, doctors’ fees, basic medication, and garment if applicable;
- Hotel or surgery retreat accommodations based on the number of nights indicated;
- We use a variety of beautiful hotels for our patients accommodations just depends on budget.
- If you choose the surgery retreat accommodations, we typically use Che Tica Ranch, and it also gets very high ratings on Trip Advisor. There is 24hr nursing care on duty here, and rates include 3 meals per day, and all transfers to and from the hospital are included.
All prices (USD) are estimates only and can vary from patient to patient. Prices subject to change without notice.
|Procedure||Recovery Nights||Complete Hotel Package||Surgery Retreat Package||Total Savings|
|Mid/Lower Face/Neck Lift (“Turkey Neck”)||10||$5025||$5375||$5000|
|Breast Implants / Lift||8||$5375||$5630||$5200|
|Tummy Tuck (With Stomach Lipo)||10||$7100||$7450||$5000|